02 November, 2014

Black & white

When I stitched this pattern in autumn colours for the "Mushrooms" challenge at craftalnica, I thought it might look good in black and white, too. Now, I finally found the time to try it.
I decided to make a sympathy card with the stitching in one part of the card, and a short text in the other. In the end I changed my mind, and only added a sentiment saying "Sincere condolence". Next to the floral pickpoint I added a cross that I cut out of black cardboard.
I like to make sympathy cards from time to time, because you never know when you might need one. Actually, I can't really understand people who say they wouldn't know what to do in black and white, because that's probably one of the strongest combinations of colours one can get, and it gives you countless opportunities of use them. Also, making a sympathy card is probably more focused than making other cards, as it really is about the comforting message it gives, and not about loads of glitter and sparkle. You probably think twice before you add details, so you may even say it's a kind of meditation. And for those who don't like making the black & white cards because "They're sad", well, not thinking about the fact that our lives are limited won't make you live forever either.

challenges:
- craftycardmakers: cut it out (cross)
- fan-tastic tuesday: monochrome
- wordartwednesday: anything goes

3 comments:

  1. A lovely clean and simple card that is perfect for a sad occasion. I like the stark black cross against the white card background - it's very apt. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers & More...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Cheiro! Thanks so much for sharing this amazing card in our challenge, and please stop by again soon to share with us again. I look forward to seeing more from you.
    Many blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully designed sympathy card, perfect for a sad occasion. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete