19 November, 2014

Chocolate fairy

Today, I'm going to introduce a very special lady: the Chocolate fairy.
I love this fairy image, but I haven't used it recently. I was however pleasantly surprised when I found that my sister still keeps a birthday card I made with this fairy in green years ago.
Yesterday, I  decided to use it again. For the arrangement, I took the sketch from sketchsaturday. The colours just happened. Ok, they are probably a *little* inspired by chocolate. And even though one might think brown is a boring colour for a card, there are many different shades of brown that make it look quite interesting. And the little bit of orange and yellow fits perfectly for making it a bit brighter alltogether. In the end, I added a little fairy dust - little blue dots to make the background a little bit more vivid.
The very last piece however, was the rose that is actually rather the result of my silliness. When I clean the remains of sharpening my coloured pencils, I use the vacuum cleaner on the floor, and a paintbrush on my papers. This time I thought I'd save a little time using the vacuum cleaner on m desk, too. Needless to say, it didn't work as planned. Instead of removing the coloured pencils stuff only, it tried to eat my newly painted fairy, leaving an ugly crinkle that I had to cover up.
After the initial shock, anger and a few bad words, I figured a rose would do. It might not fit perfctly, but it's better than colouring the image once again ;)
Guess I was lucky that the cronkle was in a peripheral part, but I sure learned my lesson: don't even think vacuum cleaner would work on paper. Ever. But of course I knew that. I knew that all the way, I just don't know why I tried it anyway.
Another thing I realized: evn though I always considered brown to be a colour for masculine cards, I now see that it can be a great for girlie ones, too.

challenges:
- abc-challenge: X for Xtra special
- 4craftychicks: fairies
- meljen's design: hot chocolate
- robynsfetishchallengeblog: things with wings
- craftysentiments: 2 or more papers
- sketchsaturday
- papertakeweekly: soooo girly
- dreamvalleychallenges: anything goes
- milkcoffeechallenge: hand color image

11 comments:

  1. This is so very lovely! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. Love the image and the flowers you used. Great job!

    Leanne DT 4CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colouring and gorgeous colour choices for this splendid fairy. It's great to see you playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week with this delightful card. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card with a gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, great colouring, love the blue eyes, thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic creation hun! Thanks for playing at PTW this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roses fixed the crinkle perfectly! She looks gorgeous in brown.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Hot Chocolate challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful and your rose works perfectly.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments - good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've coloured her so beautifully in those Autumnal shades.I'm so glad you managed to save her and add her to your lovely card.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo...čokoladna vila ;))) Zelo lepo si pobarvala motivček in izbor barv mi je zelo všeč. Rožice ji dodajo mehkobo in srčkasta bordura je čudovita. Tudi sama jo zelo rada uporabljam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.
    /Pillan

    ReplyDelete