03 December, 2016

Erlangen part VI - Surprise me again

No matter how I put it, I just can't seem to get all my projects up-to-date, but I guess I'll have to go one post at a time and maybe get through one day. 

Surprises are a funny thing to me. In general, I'd say I like to know what to expect, but I do like to take a surprise here and there. When I go somewhere, I tend to make a detailed plan of what I'd like to see, but after I've seen the first places of interest on my list, I usually end up following my daily mood or the weather, skipping a thing or two and choosing a path that just pops up in front of me, leading me to something unexpected.
During my stay in Erlangen, I walked on the riverside past the clinics once, just to find another botanical garden. Following its theme, it houses fragrance plants, and pobably autumn was present here more than anywhere else in the city.
However, looking closely there was still much of bloom and life, and it must be beautiful to sit in the midst of its lavender fields in summer. A wonderful orientation tool: each plant here is equipped with a useful chart tintroducing its main characteristics and uses. 
I could easily go with the "big botanical garden", too. I must have visited it almost daily, and would certainly love to explore its greens again...
Even though it said good-bye with rain and cold winds, one simply has to love a city that has machines for bicycle hoses :) And I sure hope it will surprise me again one day...
Somewhere in Bavaria... Not exactly Bavarian blue, but well, I guess one just can't have it all :)
Quiet evening skies somewhere near Spittal...
... And the well-known silhouette of Dobrač/Dobratsch.
A little contribution to the gallery of sky-image at Raumfee.

~ the end ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment